Thursday 26 March 2009

A night in with my turbo...


The weather was pretty miserable - wet and windy - yesterday, so I ended up having to do my endurance session on the turbo trainer. It was supposed to be a slightly longer ride if it had been on the road, but 90 mins is probably my limit, in boredom terms, on the turbo.

I was aiming to work at heart rates up to 152 bpm - working in the BASE/ENDURANCE zones, and I managed that perfectly as you can see from today's graph. My legs are a bit sore today
(Thursday), but I think that's as much from my regular Wednesday morning Yoga class as much as the cycling. Thankfully it's been a day off today to recover.

I've also been trying to increase my cadence (pedalling speed) from a 'default' position of about 75-80, up to a cadence of nearer 90 - the theory being that a higher cadence reduces the load/fatigue on the legs. Again, I'm doing pretty well on that too I think, with an average cadence of 89. 

It's not much fun spending an hour and half on the turbo, but it did give me a chance to try out my new Flip Mino video camera last night, and you can see the results below.

It's a bit ragged, but obviously I did each of the three separate bits in one take (not much point in worrying too much about it), and without reading any instructions, (I'm pretty sure it's deliberately designed so that you shouldn't have to). But despite that, I managed to edit it all together in under 5 minutes, thanks to the very easy and intuitive editing software included in the camera, so I think it's gonna prove pretty handy.

I was going to leave out the little bit at the begining - with Molly nosing around the bike - but as it's her birthday today, I thought she deserved a little treat!

4 comments:

  1. Have watched it all 'cause I'm at work so I can't put the sound on... but from what I've seen sweet Molly seems very intrigued. Can't wait to listen to what you saying and hear your voice now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha yeah...I was gonna cut that bit at the beginning out, cos I'm not saying anything...but I thought Molly looked sweet, and as it is her birthday today, I thought she could at least be an internet star for the day!

    I don't really say that much...just lots of heavy breathing...in a good way!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now with the sound... woaw, you've got so much equipment on your bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is more like it mate...some video action. That's how we get to know the real you. The true Shezzles. The man behind the bike. I want more of this...some diary room stuff, yeah?! And maybe throw in a few gags (i'll write them for you if you'd like) or an ammusing anecdote or two.

    ReplyDelete